Financial Aid Information

ALL Students planning to go to a community college, public or private 4-year college, or trade/vocational school should fill out a FAFSA or Dream Act application in their Senior year. Scroll down to learn more!

Types of Aid:


  • The first step in qualifying for grants is to submit a FAFSA or Dream Act Application.
  • Chafee Grant
    • Grant for students who have been in the foster youth system
    • Eligibility:
      • Be a current or former foster youth who was a ward of the court, living in foster care, for at least one day between the ages of 16 and 18.
      • Youth who are/were in Kin-GAP, a non-related legal guardianship, or were adopted, are eligible only if the youth was a dependent or ward of the court, living in foster care, for at least one day between the ages of 16 and 18.
      • Not have reached your 22nd birthday as of July 1st of the award year.
  • Supplemental Eduational Opportunity Grants (SEOG)
  • Federal Pell Grant
    • Awarded to students who demonstrate financial need to pay for their education after high school
    • To apply, simply check "yes" to the appropriate question on your FAFSA application
    • Your college financial aid office determines the size of the award
    • Click here to learn more about Pell Grants!
  • CalGrant


Work Study:

Federal Loans:

Ask the experts:

Financial Aid FAFSA/Dream Act App Nights:

Bring your tax returns and get help filling out the FAFSA and Dream Act applications from Financial Aid experts on:

  • Dates for the 2019-2020 school year are TBD

How to apply for Financial Aid:

All students must apply between October 1st & March 2nd! AB 540 or Undocumented students need to fill out the Dream Act application.

FAFSA is a free application. If you are on a site that is requiring a fee, redirect your browser to

The California Dream Act offers AB540 students the opportunity to apply for and receive several types of financial aid such as:

    • Board of Governors Fee Waiver
    • State financial aid like Cal Grants and Chafee Grants
    • Assistance from EOPS, CARE and Cal works
    • Privately-Funded Scholarships

In order to qualify for AB 540 a student must:

    • Have attended a high school in California for 3 years or more.
    • Have graduated from a California high school or received their equivalent GED.
    • File an affidavit with the public state college or university stating that he or she will file an application to obtain legal permanent residency as soon as he or she is eligible.

Planning to go to a college outside of California? Want to save money on nonresident tuition fees?

Founded in 1987, the Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE, pronounced “woo-ee”) is a regional tuition-discount agreement administered by the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE). WUE enables students from one of 16 WICHE states and territories in the Western U.S. to enroll as nonresidents in 160+ participating public colleges and universities and pay 150 percent (or less) of the enrolling school’s resident tuition—which annually saves students an average of $9,000 each on the cost of nonresident tuition.

Click on the WUE logo to learn more about participating colleges & how to apply!