- Link Crew is a freshman transition program that welcomes incoming freshmen and makes them feel comfortable and supported throughout the first year of their high school experience. Link Crew trains incoming juniors and seniors to support and be positive role models for incoming 9th graders. We are also happy to have incoming sophomores join our administrative team, so Link Crew really is an opportunity for all Willits High School students.
- Link Crew is a year long transition program with four components that contribute to its success:
- High School Orientation - Link Leaders and freshmen start building the mentor relationship and freshmen receive information about how to be successful in high school
- Academic Follow Ups - Link Leaders support freshman academic success and character development through structured classroom visits
- Social Follow Ups - Link Leaders and freshmen connect outside the classroom at social events to increase student engagement, and promote positive school climate
- Leader Initiated Contacts - Link Leaders connect with their freshmen on a more individual basis
Link Leaders are upperclassmen (Juniors & Seniors) who have been successful at Willits High School. Link Leaders’communication skills, leadership potential, responsibility, and personality have helped them succeed in the high school environment. The lessons they have learned should be shared to help others succeed. You could have a tremendous influence on new students and gain many valuable leadership skills in the process. Plus, it will be fun!